Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Revisiting the Classics: An Intro

Once upon a time I dedicated time to keep blogs running about the movies I watched and the TV-shows I followed, but I finally gave in to the reality of too much time being spent writing rather than experiencing. For those interested in a walk down memory lane my thoughts can still be found in Motion Pictures on the fly and Zap Zapper ZapperLife. I'll never go back to that, but it's still easy to follow my movie-ratings thanks to My Criticker-account. When it comes to TV-shows, the few worthy of special mention will be written about here sooner or later. TV.com, IMDB.com or the likes just doesn't seem good enough to keep up all the TV-show scores on.

I do however spent quite some time revisiting movies and TV-shows I love, and from now I'll give back something about those in a new column simply named Revisiting the Classics. I'll give an introduction including how many times I've seen it, how it scored previous to the revisit in mention and so on and so forth. It might be somewhat more spoiler-ish than my former reviews ever were, but then again these are already classics in my book and you should visit them prior to me writing about them.

There won't be a minimum requirement for me to include something into this column. Not a minimum Criticker score, not avoiding extreme guilty pleasures or genres that generally suffers in quality. These classics are all in my mind well worth your time, but not all of them will be a new "The Wire", "The West Wing", M, Raiders of the Lost Ark or the likes, but some might rather be just another trip down to "Dawson's Creek".

No comments:

Post a Comment